Due to the unexpected number of applicants for the open positions below, we will be pausing this job search campaign. Please do not send your resume to us at this time. Once we process these applications we have received to date, will restart the campaign if no suitable candidates are selected.
Leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity. Designs and establishes corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvements. Leads implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leader in staff development efforts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Designing, deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in LAN/WAN technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation.
- Represents the Engineering Department working closely with Architects and Engineers in designing, modeling, and implementing new technologies.
- Become a trusted partner of our engineering team through the delivery of excellent customer service and knowledge that will allow our business to grow.
- Troubleshoots and resolves major network and system issues.
- Project management – document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget.
- Mentors and trains other Engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems and provide technical presentations to instruct co-workers and other production services support individuals.
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Advanced knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Adavanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use the following office equipment telephone, copier, fax, and calculator
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
- Data network experience – 6 Years
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Juniper Network Certified Specialist (JNCIS or JNCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
Occasional travel as required
The position will be responsible for assisting with all inside sales activities, client relationships, and administrative duties. Medina Networks’ offerings are technical in nature and require superior listening abilities coupled with logical thinking to match the client’s specific need with Medina Networks’ array of services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the Business Development Manager and other team members to develop, define and enhance specific business and operational goals, processes, and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Administrative account support
- Technical customer and sales support
- Contract processing and management
- Project coordination and estimate support
- Team building across departments
- Responsible to assist the sales and business development team overseeing business accounts and ensure client support and satisfaction.
- Participate in calls with prospective clients as directed. *Must have the ability to effectively give a sales presentation and provide technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations.
- Assist in achieving sales goals through direct or indirect consultative sale of the company’s services.
- Complete training of products and services to understand technical aspects of solutions.
- Superior listening, organization and communication skills. Attention to detail is paramount.
- Ability to consistently develop a positive rapport with clients and team members.
- Develop initial project documentation including cost estimates and preliminary system design
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to develop and manage cross-functional teams relationship while maintaining external/internal client balance.
- Strong problem solving, solutions orientation and presentation skills.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in a science or engineering discipline is highly preferred, or some experience in a highly regulated and/or technical field is a requirement. 1-3 years related sales support experience and/or training with an understanding of marketing techniques is highly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computer software, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Understanding of basic and advanced internetworking principles.